Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Lake-Schmake

Tonight was my friends and my weekly night out. We try to see each other once a week every week usually on wednesdays. We became friends after working together at Zebs. Generally you are not able to translate work friends to actual friends but C and I managed it. However we found that if we left our meetings to chance we never saw each other. So wednesdays became our thing.

Tonight we saw The Lake House. Can I say--who didn't see that bus coming? Also the whole movie I was like why doesn't she just google him? You can find anyone on the internet nowadays. At the end of the movie I looked over and both C and Kate (yes she was able to drag herself away from her homework for the evening) both had the tears. Not so much with me. Don't get me wrong I was sad but for another reason. I was going to write a whole blog about it but as I was catching up on reading some of my favorite blogs and I found one that Liza Palmer wrote in her Conversations With the Fat Girl blog. If you are reading this go there now. It is justs what I was going to write, just done better. Do we really set us up for a fall with all of the books and movies that we see nowadays? Who can match up with the ideals that are built up over the years?

Oh yeah and what happened to the dog? Did it die? Was it the one casualty of the time loop or whatever?

Anyway if you need me you can catch me standing out by the mailbox. Right after I buy one.
SAK

No comments: