Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ach ye bonnie lass

Okay- I spent the entire evening watching episodes of Monarch of the Glen. The whole night. When I finished one disk I just went out side and grabbed the next one from my car. That crazy clan! I wonder if I could get a job easier in Scotland than I can in Ireland. Right now the Highlands are looking pretty good to me. One of the items from my life list is to live abroad for a year. Could you imagine it? None of my friends have ever done that before. Talk of throwing oneself out of ones element.



Every day I feel like I need to get moving on this list. I feel that every day is just slipping from my hands like water. Days are slipping to months, which then slip to years. I am helpless to stop it. I have a lot of grandeious ideas on my list and yes I do chip off a couple each year but it is just not fast enough for me. How does one even begin to pack up your life and move to a new place. The ties that hold me here grow stronger- well they feel stronger anyway. When you make a list of it the only things that are holding me here is my job and my few close friends. I am not in contact with any of my family, I am perenally not in a relationship, and I have no idea where I am going to live in about 2 months. My friends have there own lives that I feel like I can’t horn in on. I can’t expect others to base their life on me and I wouldn’t want them to. (okay who wouldn’t want that.) I am just saying that my friends are not sitting around making decisions with me as a deciding factor.

If I knew what was best for me I would take the opportunity of Kate leaving to make a run for it myself. I mean god-damnit already grow up!

Okay once again that was very maudlin. End on a good note- Things that I have accomplished from my list
1. I have been to Ireland
2. I have signed up to be on the bone marrow registary
3. I have learned to scuba dive.
4. Plans have begun for Italy07

Soon I will have scene all of the Monarch of the Glens and I will be able to get back to my life. Perhaps for Halloween this year I will be a bonnie lass. Did I mention that Hottie McHotHot is Scottish?
Luba-Luba,
SAK

No comments: