Thursday, June 15, 2006

Card Carrying FOGS

For all of you in the know I have added on a new link to on this site. The first blog that I ever read was Zack Braff's FOGS (Friends of Garden State) blog. Anyway he has now moved over to his own website now and it looks really good. If you ever want a real laugh check out the old one. It was written while he was finishing GS and all through the publicity tours for it. He is one witty guy. I always enjoyed reasons it because it would make me laugh the things that he came up with. How does someone think like that, I wonder? That is the sort of personality that I strive to have-to mixed results.

I don't know if you guys saw Garden State or not but if you haven't I reccomend you put down your computer and quickly make your way to the nearest video store. I rented it one night and the very next day I bought both the movie and the soundtrack. To this day year later I still listen to the soundtrack at least a couple of times a week. It is on permenant rotation on my ipod. I would watch the movie more often, but I lent it to a friend who- if she doesn't return it soon will become a frienemy.

This movie just speaks to me, the lonliness, the anger that he feels, the belief that there should be something more to our lives than what we allow ourselves to experience. Do you get angrey at the people around you for how your life has turned out or do you get angrey at yourself for allowing things to happen to you while your just along for the ride?
This is the only life that I have and I want to be happy.

It is scarry when you realize that because then you have to figure out where do I go from here? I think that the thing that I love most about Garden State is that it ends on that very question, it is not wrapped up in a happy little bow like most movies are nowadays. Where do we go from here? Who knows.

No comments: