Monday, August 11, 2008

Yark.


Yark. While deadlines make me work faster, I think the new one I have set for myself is going to kill me. I have decided that I am going to finish the next draft of my book by 10/28. I do realize it still need editing after that, but I want to be done. Why 10/28 you ask?

Well 3 things, I am going away for a scrapbooking weekend with Crystal that weekend, and I want to be done before that date. Why before the big weekend? When I get back it will be the beginning of November.
Whats the beginning of November have to do with anything you ask? Well you guys are very inquisitive tonight. Well November is the NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month. Where I will write a novel in a month. Thats crazy you say? Well I won last year and I plan to do it again this year. And I don't think I can do it with 'Repeat' hanging over me.

So my goal is to finish it right before the weekend, so I can have some down time, before I start that crazy schedule again. (I will tell you about last year some other time) I have done my spread sheet and it looks like I have to do about a chapter a week. And I am freaked out. Honestly I don't know why it's freaking me out so much, especially since I initally wrote the whole thing in a month. That averages out about 4 chapters a week. (I had to take some time out for work stuff, so I missed a week)
But I have my spreadsheet so I should be fine. So long as no one wants to see me for 3 months. I have already told work that I was not going to be working any more overtime either. Yark.
That was only 2 reasons you say? Right. Thanks for reminding me. November 2 I turn 30. 30. I need to start showing more progress. I have given myself 2 more years. 2 years to show any progress.

Its go time. Now leave me alone, I'm watching what will have to be my last night of Olympics.
Michael Phelps rocks!

No comments: