Sunday, August 10, 2008

Book-a-rific!

I got tons of free books (the official count for the end of the week was 80). I love the book signings. This is my chance to find out what's being published. But the best part is to give genre's I don't generally read a chance. I have an inspirational (I do have to say they have great titles) and a young adult. I read the inspirational in the airport, it was Wanted by Shelley Shepard Gray. I have to admit I enjoyed it and will probably pick up the next book in the series, or even another inspirational author.

I met some of my favorite authors, perhaps you may have heard of them? A Ms. Nora Roberts (I got her new book Tribute in hardcover signed. I can't wait to read it.) and a Ms. Jayne Ann Krentz. Yes, THE Nora Roberts. I waited in long lines (see pic) and got lots of free books. yay.
Jayne Ann Krentz, I waited for her too. She just signed a book for my friend Aimee.
A few more people recognized me from the conference last year, and I met up with Liza Palmer again. She is still just as cool.

Thursday night Laurie and Shoshi had their party for the From the Heart Chapter. So I was on my own for dinner. I decided to take my first foray over to the food court. There were so many choices! Not only did I have to figure out where I was going to eat, I had to figure out how. I ended up Lurking a place called Coriander, an Indian place. Finally I noticed a woman with a RWA badge on entering the line. I figured if she could do it so could I, plus I might be able to chat her up and find someone to eat with. Dude. It totally worked.

Her name was Marie Harte, and she writes erotica, she was a very nice lady, and introduced me to her very nice friends Cat and Teri. They were just normal regular ladies. I could see them totally fitting in with me and my friends. I hope we keep in touch. After we ate dinner, we went back to the hotel, they took me to the room they shared, gave me free books, and then we went to the midnight bazar. I bought a t-shirt.

We then went to the very loud bar and talked tv.Where is the picture of Nora and I you ask? (Which is the best picture I have taken in a really long time) Well, Ms Greedies, if I give up all the good stuff now, there will be noting to make you listen to my tales later. (If you think my updates gets you out of listening to me when I get back, boy are you in for a surprise)

Can you all tell I've had a Mango Mohito tonight? Shoshi, Laurie, and Shane (the wonderful bringer of Diet Cokes) went to a Mexican Resturant. Yumm.
Smooches from SF
Stephanie

No comments: