Thursday, August 07, 2008

From the Land of Women.

RWA has descended upon the hotel, and it is women as far as the eye can see. Or the ears can hear.

I thought I walked a lot yesterday. Yesterday was nothing. I spit on yesterday. Today I walked everywhere.

It was a weird day. I took a taxi from my original hotel to the Conference hotel. Due to the earliness of the time, I was able to get a double double room. Considering the fact I had never met my roommate before before, I really did not want to share a bed with her, so yay.

I was wandering around and thought I would see if I could help with and bumped into some women who were talking about the conference, after chatting them up, I found out that it was the president of RWA Sherry Lewis While we were waiting for the office people to come back, Sherry invited us to her room. She had a Suite at the top of the hotel. It had a sitting room, dining room, and an balcony (a big one) with amazing views of the downtown area. Was I so uncouth that I asked to go out there and take pictures? Who do you think your talking to?

While getting lost, I found myself in the natural territory of the gays, The Castro.

Then I went to Golden Gate park, (seriously? So not worth it, nothing like central park) I missed the Bison collection, but I did see the Japanese gardens ($4 to get in).

After that I got lost and ended up in Haight Ashbury. Groovy.

Here are some random picks:

Bambi, you're the devil. (Enlarge to check out just how freaky he is)

Seriously, check out the nipples on this statue-

Lots of Love, and believe it or not, I do miss you all!

No comments: