Saturday, April 08, 2006

bonzi!

It is one in the morning and I am officially running on a adrenaline high. I- Stephanie Kurze, with the courage of a small yipping dog, just took on the death metal band.... Thats right take it in, I'll give you a moment.... Okay now that everyone has started breathing again let me admit that it wasn't the actual band that was playing come to find out and after I beat on the door I found that everyone over there is probably to drunk (or something else) to actually remember it in the morning. BUT I WILL!

Let me set the scene. I am exhausted. I have spent the better part of my vacation moving in very large pieces of furniture and actually getting rid of all the piles in my room. I know illusions of grandeur right? Lindsay is sleeping in the living room, here for the girly movie night that will take place tomorrow. I spent the entire day in the car with Jeanne a woman I work with, going to a show for work (yes on my vacation, which I will not get paid for). A good portion of that looking for the mall of NH which we never did find. We left at 10 this morning and I got back around 830. Needless to say I am beat. I actually went to bed around 11 I was so tired.

Fast forward to 1AM. I am woken out of a deep sleep by what I assumed to be the Death Metal Band that lives next door. I am incensed. Let me tell you they have been working my last nerve ever since they got those amps. Amps in a condo, you ask? Yes ma'am amps. I have decided that I had enough. I go down stairs and bang on the wall. (Sometimes this lulls them into a temporary quiet.) No luck.

I say to myself-Self what is staying over here, not saying anything getting you? Same old thing, that's what. If you don't set boundary's, they can't know that they are crossing them. So I crammed some sneakers on my feet, searched for a sweater to wear over the gross top I was wearing ( I may have been very anger but I still thought about how I looked).

Then I did it. I stomped over there banged on the door, and when it opened-smoke poring out- I said, "Turn it down!" Yep that was me. They then asked me if I wanted to party I wanted to party with them. Um,yeah cause it looks like I am ready to party in my flowered Pjs. I turned around and left.

Of course afterwards the mom came over, I do like her, I do. She told me that her son had gotten married and this was the overflow party. So not the actually metal band (something should have tipped me off when I didn't hate what was blaring through the walls, I just resented that it was blaring and at 1am.) but this is the home of the metal band and these are the metal band people, so I am hoping that the message sinks through, or that this will start a dialogs about appropriate noise levels for a condo.

Of course that is if they remember it in the morning.

Congrats on the wedding Rory.

Have I turned into a grumpy old man? Or was I merely born that way?

Good lord, now there is brawling in the parking lot.
I hate neighbors.

No comments: