Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What do they want from me?

I am so tired my eyes are starting to cross, characters are starting to talk to me. I have decided that my book actually starts earlier than previously intended, so I have been up adding a couple of scenes. These are actually going pretty well. It is so funny how you go into a project knowing something, saying okay this is what the books about, I'm not sure about all the details but this is what the core of the book is. Then you work on it for a little while, finding out what works, what doesn't. In that time one, just one, of your core facts change, and it's like knitting when you should have purled. What seems like a little mistake, continues on in your project, getting bigger and bigger, until you just can't ignore it anymore. Then you must make a decision, rip out all the work you've already put into it, or you can adjust your pattern. Okay that might not be very clear, but it's after 12, pity metaphors left me a while ago.

Lay off. And that goes for the people in my head, as I am going to go to bed now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Steph-o-knee, speaking as just one of those many voices in your head - what do you mean you killed me off before the book even started?? Have I not been fulfilling my duties as your best, bestest friend?? Okay, so I have been slacking off in the "WE WILL GO ON VACATION TOGETHER ONCE A YEAR FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES" pact but debt is debt baby!

Stephanie said...

He He! Let this be a lesson to all, Beware the Wrath of Stephanie!

Actually its more, I go where the muse takes me and unfortunatly that is generally away from my computer!