Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Nationalies

While I languish here with the killer headcold I developed at the RWA Conference I thought I would let y'all know how fricken cool this weekend was. Let me just put it this way, you remember all the goals I was hoping to achieve? (See previous post) Well I accomplished everyone and have the photographic evidence to prove it.

Meet Samantha Graves? CheckSuper nice lady, who seemed just as excited to meet me a loyal listener of the podcast. (Or maybe in all my excitement I just made her nervous, and she just wanted to shoo me along.) Either way, I got a copy of her new book Sight Unseen. She also took what had to be a very unflattering photo of me doing my "I curse you Lani Diane Rich for getting me hooked on bubbleshooter!"-face. Anyway I was the first one to mention Will Write for Wine and received the prize of the Coaster with the logo printed on it.

I met up with some Smart Bitches over Diet Cokes in the bar, where we proceeded to have the loudest most inappropriate conversations about male genitalia, sexual perversions, and The Office.

I listened to Michael Hauge speak. He was of course amazing... and of course I bought the 6 hour video, I am nothing if not a sucker for a good upsell.

I came home with (not kidding) about 50lbs worth of free books. If I were to add them up, I do believe that I have gotten back the conference fee in free books.
Other Highlights:

I met Sherrilyn Kenyon She is super nice. She is also one of those ladies one would speak of there in hushed, awestruck tones. (You know in the same realm as Nora or SEP)There was a huge line to get her autograph at the signing. I didn't see her there (not a big fan of lines) but I had a stroke of luck at one of the publisher signings. I was wandering about just as she was about to sit down for another signing and was able to get into the beginning of the line. Even then I waited quite a while. But it was totally worth it, she was SO nice, and funny, and pretty.... (I will stop now)

My Bed. The Hyatts food might have sucked, we might have had to wait for the down elevators for too long, the coffee shop's hot chocolate might be the worst swill imaginable, but the bed was uber comfortable


Okay that is all for now. I've decided to save some for additional posts. (actually it's now night time here and the dreaded nighttime tickle cough has arrived and I'm having a little trouble staying focused) Upcoming posts include, RWA members so nice they could be a Disney Ride, Stalking my new BFF Liza Palmer, It's a Small, Small Word, and How I am like Kathy Griffin.

Bye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey hon! Had a great time at National chatting with you. Am also trying to recover from the marathon. Can you tell I was exhausted in this picture? LOL

Hope to see you at the next one. Keep listening!

Samantha Graves